Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Tuesday August 8 News Updates Lakewood

 Weather: 82° Showers early, then partly cloudy for the afternoon. High 82F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

- Harav Baruch Weisbekker shlita R"Y of Bais Mattisyahu in EY is visiting Lakewood he will speak tomorrow morning at the Kollel Ohr Shmuel in Lutzk B"M @6:45am

- Prime Apartments Landlord  just filed a Motion to Dismiss a lawsuit filed by his tenants, FAA News has learned.

- Lakewood youngerman injured in moped accident last week in Italy is undergoing surgery please daven for Refoel ben Rivka Chanah and his wife  Devorah Adinah bas Chanah Avigayil.

-  Hespedim tonight marking the shloshim of Mrs. Esther Dorah Steinfeld A”H at Bnos Devorah, 360 Oak St. at 8:45 pm. Speaking Rav Uri Deutsch shlita and others

 - Mega Millions lottery drawing tonight jackpot $1.58 Billion

- LPD national night out fun facts 320 pizza pies = 2560 slices, 4000 Hamburgers, 3000 hot dogs, 6000 buns, 7 miles of traffic for hours 

- Lakewood Planning board meeting tonight watch live stream at 6:00 pm Here 
 see Agenda Here 

- Many House Republicans privately say that a Biden impeachment inquiry appears to be a foregone conclusion: The president will face it in the fall.

- New Jersey Drivers Still Happy For Someone Else To Pump Gas WSJ reports New Jersey is the last state in the country that doesn't allow self-service gas.

Rav Boruch Weisbeker shlita in Lakewood 


Video: When a family of kohanim is on vacation 
Sale at Toys for Thought

13 comments:

  1. The WSJ didn't ask me! I absolutely hate not having self serve gas! Takes them forever! And there should be no such thing as closing, and everyone has to drive to the other side of town to get gas at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fundraiser,
    You called me for years, I was always responsive to your requests. It was habitual. Every year you called, every year I responded. A receipt was sent, I helped fellow Yidden, you were successful at your Job, I was doing my hishtadlus.
    Hard times fell recently. You called. I didn’t pick up. You called again, I picked up and brushed you off. It’s Painful, super painful to say No. I’m hoping, or I say I was hoping that a professional like you will understand the lack of response and take as they say - the Hint. No, no hint taken.
    You called again. Again. Again. Until I said outright I’m sorry I can’t give this year. All fine, right ? Out comes a letter stating that we have to be nice to you - the fundraisers. Fundraisers are just doing their job. We should act like a mensch. Really? Want to act like a mentch? Take the social que and understand that if somebody pushes you off a few times, that it might actually be a NO. Especially in these times. Especially if he always gave. Especially if you’re a professional and understand how to read people. After all, it is your job. My pain of saying NO is way more painful than you receiving a NO. It’s just your job to collect, it was my happiness and Simcha to have the ability to give. That simcha is not there now, albeit iyh temporarily, but understand, truly understand, grasp it - a NO is not always necessarily spelled out as NO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kahanim family vacation clip is stupid and immature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're giving you a bracha, actually if not figuratively, and you're brushing them off.
      Join that baal tzedakah who's so sorry he can't give this yearm

      Delete
    2. What about that is immature? The person videoing perhaps but what did the kohanim do wrong?

      Delete
    3. Oops I thought it was a skit where almost everyone in the shul are kohanim....I guess it's sfardim...maybe...not sure why else this would be happening

      Delete
  4. Law or not everyone should just pump their own gas. Go to a closed pump and do what you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear fundraiser, I never gave you my cell phone number, don't call it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gvir, if we didn't call your cell (that everyone else already has and can also be purchased via whitepages.com) our Moisad would have gone out of business long ago. If you don't want people to bother you, either A) hire a Gabbai, or B) Make hours for Kabalas Kahal. Easy for you and me and I won't call your cell phone.

      Delete
  6. I see that the gvir who criticizes the fundraiser is a special tzaddik who readily responds to the fundraisers in a timely fashion. But you should realize that 99% of wealthy people are not like you.
    I fundraise all the time. Wealthy people ignore me all the time. If I took that as a no, my organization would have gone out of business long ago. My assumption is that I need to call a number of times before a donation is made. For me, that is what usually happens.
    Some gvirim make me hunt them for months. The nicest thing would be for them to say, "please call me in 6 months." But they don't say that.
    So if you are the 1% who usually responds right away and this year don't, I assume you are a typical gvir and I'll keep calling until you tell me "it's not a good time." Sorry for driving you crazy. It's not personal. It's survival of my Moisad

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tzadaks organization is not a business!

    ReplyDelete