Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tuesday March 28 News Updates Lakewood

 Weather: 50° Cloudy skies. High around 50

- Check your bank account the state of NJ has deposited the Anchor Tax and rental rebate to those who applied.

- FAA Reporte Menashe Miller is out of the county commissioner election race After previously announcing a possible run he has now officially dropped out of the race,
Read more at FAANEWS 

- Pesach bein hazmanim begins officially today for the yeshivos and kollelim on Lakewood. Girls elementry schools older grades finish today, lower grades go until Thursday. Boys elementary will be open until next Monday.

- Kollel chazu for bein hazmanim starts today at 36 locations and neighborhood shuls in the greater  Lakewood area. Many local shuls have their own being hazmanim learning programs.

- Allergy alert: After a warm winter, New Jersey residents can expect an early and long allergy season. Experts say the pollen season has already begun trees are blooming already and may continue through a longer pollen season.

- Pesach shopping: Bingo open every night this week until midnight. At GG case of 100 9×13 aluminate pans on sale for $17.99

Kashrus alert:B’GAN FROZEN STIR FRY VEGETABLES mistakenly bears a P next to the KAJ certification symbol. This product contains kitniyos. 

- Following up after  Florida  signed into law a bill that will provide every nonpublic school student, regardless of income, with a state scholarship close to $8,000.That will benefit over 11,000 Jewish children, activist in NJ jewish communities are urging everyone to get involved locally and vote. Today the Sephardic coalition will host a meeting in Deal at the DNS Community center to discuss what can be done to get funding for non public  schools and yeshivos in NJ. In Lakewood the UENJ is working on a similar campaign.

- Lakewood Planning Board meeting today 6pm watch livestream Here see Agenda Here. Application to build 28 lots on Chestnut dt,GCU facilities building, new warehouse on Oberlin, Review the 2 ordnances passed by the township to lower setbacks for expansion single homes on corner lots, change zoning map usage in certain zones. A Resolution of Approval for a dormitoes 1ry see story on faa

- HCANJ annual conference taking place today in Atlantic city for providers and services in the long term care industry of NJ.

- Media outrage Biden jokes about Ice cream when he was supposed to discuss children being killed during mass shooting in Nashville 
  After a transgender former student shot and killed 6 ppl including 3 children at a school in Nashville,  president Biden spoke in the white house  "My name is Joe Biden. I'm Dr. Jill Biden's husband. And I ate Jeni's ice cream. Chocolate chip. I came down because I heard there was chocolate chip ice cream. I have a whole refrigerator full upstairs."

- Shiva for rebbetzin Rochel Kviat a"h (Schwartz) at 1211 North Lake getting up Friday.

Bde: Petirah of Habochur Shlomo Zalman Lieberman z”l  ben yblc"h Rav Yitchok shlita after a lengthy illness. Levaya was last night in Lakewood. A grandson of HaRav Osher Chaim Lieberman shlita, the Morah D’asra. Shiva details TBA.

26 comments:

  1. Instead of accepting media propaganda tropes to infiltrate

    We need to continue call things as they are:
    the shooter Was A girl--though 'a boy wannabee'

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is Nothing in Judaism for calling a person Other than of the binary gender That They Were born

    Tumtum & androgynous are red herrings that only some

    ReplyDelete
  3. (continued) wicked agendas will now foist on the foolishly empty

    Nobody can ever make themselves a tumtum or androgynous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://musingsonthetorah.blogspot.com/2023/02/to-promised-land-to-what-end.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Planning Bd,Zoning,Council. Thank you for continuing toMaim ,and Kill Lakewood residents gives the poop their only story line,100 of accidents a week,every development approved causes even more Tragic accidents and longer frustrating traffic jams as well as tax increases,as our Brilliant $1,00000 school Atty,when faced with budget issues says " Raise taxes of the residents"A 1st year law student could do his work at a Fraction of cost

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check your bank account. Anchor credit was deposited today just in time for pesach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chilul Hashem is a constant in town ,the FrumaCheshbon says it's OK to be Greedy and Lie to us everyday,but only our leaders are allowed to circumvent the Torah

    ReplyDelete


  8. The sun did not shine
    It was too wet to play
    So we sat in the house
    All that cold, cold, wet day
    I sat there with Sally
    We sat there, we two.
    And I said, “How I wish
    We had something to do!”
    Yes…

    The sun did not shine.
    On that very sad day
    When they told Dr. Seuss
    “Would you please go away!”
    I sat there so lonely
    Was the news really true?
    And I said, “How I wish
    There was something to do!”
    But we could not shout
    Nor raise our voices
    And listened with tears
    To the president’s choices

    We canceled you, Seuss!
    That is just that!
    Get out Marvin K!
    And the Cat in the Hat

    You don’t run the zoo
    There’s no Mulberry Street
    There’s no Fox and no Sox
    To put on your feet
    And all I could do was to
    Sit!
    Sit!
    Sit!
    Sit!
    And I did not like it
    Not one little bit
    And then it went bump
    It looked kind of strange
    A liberal cat
    Who sounded deranged
    He came into our home
    That liberal cat
    And said, “Listen to me!
    And that is just that!”
    I’ll teach you new tricks
    Show you how to think
    Your old games and methods
    They really do stink

    I’ll throw out the old stuff
    And bring in the new
    No boys and no girls
    Just Thing One and Thing Two

    We have lots of lessons
    We’ll teach them to you
    “Your mother will not mind
    At all if we do.”
    And Sally and I
    Did not know what to say
    Our mother was out of the house
    For the day
    But the good fish said, “No! no!
    Make that cat go away!
    Tell that Cat in the Hat
    You do NOT want to play.
    “He should not be here
    He should not be about
    He should not be here
    When your mother is out!”
    But the press and the lefties
    Said, “Please have no fear!
    These tricks are not bad
    It’s what you need to hear
    “Why, we can have
    Lots of good fun if you wish
    With a game that I call
    Let’s cancel the fish!”

    “Put me down!” said the fish.
    “This is no fun at all!
    Put me down!” said the fish.
    “I do NOT wish to fall!”
    But the media laughed
    “The fish has no brains”
    The cat has it right
    And the rest are insane!

    “Have no fear!” said the cat.
    I will not let you fall
    I will hold you up high
    As I stand on a ball.
    “With a book in one hand!
    And a cup on my hat!
    But that is not all I can do!”
    Said the liberal cat…
    “I can topple statues
    Change names of all sorts
    Whether it’s products
    Or teams from the sports!”

    I can mistreat my aides
    Kill the unborn
    No one can stop me
    I’ll greet them with scorn

    I can close all the schools
    I can say what to learn
    I can make up a price
    What workers should earn

    He picked up my Bible
    And threw it away
    Saying, “C’mon boys and girls
    It’s the new way to play!

    “’Look at me!
    Look at me now!” said the cat.
    “With a cup and a cake
    On the top of my hat!
    “I can hold up TWO books!
    I can hold up the fish!
    And a little toy ship!
    And some milk on a dish!
    “And look!
    I can hop up and down on the ball!
    But that is not all!
    Oh, no
    That is not all…

    “I can make senators kneel
    I can smash all the shops
    I can scare politicians
    To defund the cops”

    “And no fish can stop me
    How about that!
    I’m the Governor now
    The Cat in the Hat!”
    That is what the cat said…
    Then he fell on his head!
    He came down with a bump
    From up there on the ball.
    And Sally and I
    We saw all the things fall!
    Yes, that will hopefully happen
    From the big charade
    And all of the games
    That those fat cats have played

    One day years later
    Our mom will come in
    The rain will have stopped
    On her face a big grin
    And she’ll say to us two
    “Did you have any fun?
    Tell me: What did you do?
    When it rained without sun?”
    And Sally and I won’t know
    What to say
    Should we tell her
    The things that went on there that day?
    Should we tell her about it?
    Now, what should we do?
    Well…

    ReplyDelete
  9. There never in judaism for someone to change gender after being born!
    (including those rare birth tumtum & androgynous!)
    This was also obvious to everyone of us a few short seasons ago

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never in judaism is there any possibility whatsoever for gender change after being birth!
    ( the rarest tumtum or androgynous included!)
    This used to be so obvious just a few couple seasons ago!

    Ignore the media propaganda tropes .
    We need to Continue to Call a spade a spade
    The Nashville shooter Was A girl !- even if/when a boy wannabee!


    “In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
    "We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell

    ReplyDelete
  11. How many more children .. have to be run Over until our leaders realize that the building free for all is killing our citizens,and especially Ignoring that our Roads were built to accommodate A Few 1000 people,not a 150,000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as their children are getting on,they are going to care a darn about what is happening ?!

      Delete
  12. can anyone list reputable shaimos dropoff and sreifas challa locations or pickup service

    ReplyDelete
  13. https://www.faanews.com/2023/03/fire-officials-express-concerns-over.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Menashe only dropped out because he needs one more year of service in order to obtain lifetime health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  15. https://www.faanews.com/2023/03/breaking-news-first-report-attorney-jan.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. BMG and Kollelim are learning tomorrow too.
    Please don't be מוציא שם רע on Klal Yisroel that a day was removed from the Zman.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Craziness upon craziness...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Didnt get my anchor tax relief its still says processing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Agudah tuition relief also still says processing

      Delete
  19. Are you klei kodesh?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maybe wg can pass a similar ordinance to what Jackson did to allow building shuls.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It’s nice the anchor credit came before pesach but it doesn’t cover Yt. I don’t get chasdei lev and other perks my friends get. I work and so I pay tuition, I pay for food, I pay for utilities, and I pay my own rent/mortgage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many different paths to שנאת התורה.
      But here is a hot tip: Spend less time on news sites the internet. You might make more money that way.

      Delete
  22. Haha someone pointed out all the perks you get and you play the race card because you have nothing to say. It has nothing to do with sinas hatorah.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shkoyach Ben Torah on the internet giving advice to others to spend less time on the internet. You Nebach can’t get a job?

    ReplyDelete