- More confusion from local mosdos to parents regarding LSTA
Over Shabbos, the latest LSTA increase was a major topic of conversation among parents, who had first received the news on Thursday. While the latest school email/Text before Shabbos instructed parents to opt out, confusing messages sent Motzei Shabbos told parents not to opt in or out, warning that doing so would delete and remove their information from the system.
Meanwhile, the original LSTA email stated that if no action was taken by Monday at 11 p.m., parents would be automatically opted out.
"If no action is taken by 11:00 pm Monday, your child will be opted out, and the routes will be adjusted and consolidated accordingly."
This was sent out by some schools on Motzei shabbos "Important clarification regarding the non mandated bussing. Our recommendation is to NOT opt in but also to NOT opt out. (Actively opting out will remove your data from the system and cause a big problem). “Shev V’al
- At Yeshivas Brisk, the Rosh Yeshiva Rav Avrohom Yehoshua Soloveitchik, spent Shabbos in his new apartment adjacent to the yeshiva and participated in all the tefillos. During Krias HaTorah, he eceived the aliyah of Levi and then recited Hagomel, breaking down in tears as he thanked Hashem following his severe illness and medical ordeal, which had left him critically ill and bedridden. (Bhol)
- Lakewood officials have turned the town square into a “temporary” parking lot and while the move pleases some local merchants, others are less than happy to see the historic town square gone. Over the years, charities have held food and clothing giveaways at the square for years and have held many protest rallies there as well. APP.
- Part of Morris County experienced a very small earthquake on Saturday afternoon, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The 1.1 magnitude quake was recorded more than three miles southwest of Chester and at a depth of seven miles, the agency posted to its website.
- Tomorrow Lakewood-area residents can get help applying for New Jersey’s ANCHOR prperty-tax relief program this Sunday, Aug. 23, from 1–5 p.m. at 1001 Route 70 in Toms River, near the Lakewood border. Representatives from the state Treasury will provide application assistance and answer eligibility questions in English and Yiddish.
- 40 Lakewood area girls still not placed in High schools with a week left for the new year
- RFK Jr. says Tylenol isn’t just linked to autismbut also ADHD and liver toxicity in kids.So why is Tylenol still on store shelves while Ivermectin isn’t? “Because Big Pharma owns our politicians,” RFK Jr. says. “And I’m telling them to get lost.
- Canada Announces New Tariffs After Trade Talks Collapse: Prime Minister Mark Carney said Canada will impose new tariffs on US products from 8 September after rejecting Washington’s demands, as new 50% US tariffs on Canadian goods take effect. Canadian measures will focus on sectors including steel and dairy, with further details expected in the coming days.
- Trump calls Tucker Carlson a loser and a low-IQ individual:
"Tucker Carlson just met with Lightweight “Former” Congressman, Thomas Massie, and Marjorie “Traitor” Greene, LOSERS ALL! Tucker’s “Views” have fallen through the floor, and will only get worse. Nobody cares about him any longer in that he has become totally irrelevant, and happens to be, surprisingly, a very Low I.Q. individual. He could barely get out of College, and maybe he didn’t, but only really dumb people can’t make it through that wonderful four year time in life! Tucker wants to run for political office, but he should be required to take a cognitive test. He’s got no chance, but could probably take a couple of points away from whatever the Republican ticket happens to be! Tucker is a loser, and always has been! Marjorie Taylor Brown (Green turns to Brown under stress!), a highly neurotic young woman, went from Ultra Conservative to a Liberal “Fool,” all in a matter of weeks, because I refused to return her phone calls — Not because I didn’t like her, just because I had no time. She was way down in the Polls in Georgia (because I took away my Endorsement), and would have had no chance at winning, so she, just like everyone else, “QUIT!” Thomas Massie has turned out to be a failed politician, and a real JERK. He thought it was really wonderful to vote, “NO,” on everything, no matter how good, strong, or proper the Legislation would be. What a team this would be, THREE LOSERS, and a pocketful of change! The only chance they have is to join the Radical Left Dumocrats, and try breaking into the Primary System. To all of them I say, PRAISE BE TO ALLAH! President DONALD J. TRUMP"
Did not discuss it over shabbos
ReplyDeleteWhat is "it"
DeleteLakewood mayor blaming everyone else but themselves for spending tax money like water raising their salaries and giving out tax abatement to well connected movers and shakers including a news paper that gives nice coverage
DeleteYou have a chutzpah to say that I should lower my salary, which my committee mates voted to raise over 430% (!!) over just the past few years.
DeleteI work very hard to take care of my chaveirim, even while I’m working at my CHEMED job, or getting paid to serve as chaplain for various townships or abroad for the army, and even while I’m working for the Ocean County Utilities Authority and the many other paid hats I wear - I always have the interest of my buddies in mind. I know that some of you like to say that the committee only meets once a month for barely half an hour, but rest assured that I’m working 24/7 on behalf of the community, and especially certain roshei mosdos. I even gave my wife a job at the LTMUA so she can also help the klal.
So, if anything I should be getting paid a lot more than the measly amounts I’m getting. You should consider yourself lucky that I’m so nice to give the taxpayers a huge discount for my services!
Hey Menash, thank you for explaining so well why I regret voting for you.
DeleteI Imagine satmar shools are telling the parents not to complain, because its misgaros beimmos.
ReplyDeleteThis is different.
DeleteGovernment grants is NOT hisgaarus ba'umos.
Far gelt, alles is memeg.
We should all opt out and cause as much chaos as possible.
ReplyDeleteAnd you’ll only hurt yourself
DeleteI don't have an opinion, so I will keep quiet.
ReplyDelete“ hottest place in H**l is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict"
DeleteWow. Hefkervelt oiberchachamim quoting JFK.
Delete