Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Proposal Now Asking Voters for $6.1 Million. Annual increase

The proposal  by the Lakewood BOE to be put for a vote by the tax payers has now included courtesy busing which will  be a total of  $6,132,973 annual increase on top of the other tax increases in Lakewood.

Explanation
If approved by the voters, this would allow the School District to offer various after-school public
school clubs, courtesy busing and certain nonpublic Special Education services which were
previously funded by the Township of Lakewood and the Lakewood Student Transportation
Authority. Starting with the 2019-2020 School year, the Township will no longer be funding those
programs and the Lakewood Student Transportation Authority no longer exists.


From the BOE agenda:
Proposal to raise an additional $6,132,973 for General Funds in the 2019-2020 School Year.
These taxes will be used to fund various after-school Public School clubs in the amount of
$1,487,501, provide Public School courtesy busing in the amount of $1,287,916, provide Nonpublic
School courtesy busing in the amount of $2,300,000 and fund certain Nonpublic Special Education
services in the amount of $1,057,556.  Approval of these taxes will result in a permanent increase

in the District’s tax levy. The additional taxes authorized herein will be used exclusively for
purposes described herein and to finance expenditures that are in addition to those necessary to
achieve the New Jersey Student Learning Standards.


4 comments:

  1. I will be voting NO. After-school clubs seem to be a luxury to me which I just cannot afford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use courtesy bussing for private school but after a certain point its not worth it. Between the fee they take now and my taxes skyrocketing every other year I would rather drive my kids to school or carpool. This MUST BE A NO VOTE. Stop with the rising taxes

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I don't use courtesy busing because I live far away from my kids' schools why would I vote Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange...
    all this after LKWD Refused to protect our kids MORAL VALUES
    and PROTEST at Blue claws and Library

    ReplyDelete