Monday, July 29, 2019

Pidyon Shvuyim: President Trump Commutes Sentence of father of 5

Read full story in Hamodia.com
“Chasdei Hashem, we are living in an age when we see open miracles,” Apfel told Hamodia. “We are so grateful to President Trump for his great compassion in granting clemency to Boaz and relief to his wife and children. In reuniting this family under these tragic circumstances, the President has performed a true act of chessed, loving-kindness, which every Jew should appreciate and applaud.”

President Donald Trump has commuted the sentence of Boaz (Ronen) Nahmani, husband to a cancer-stricken wife and father of five young children, who in 2015 was given a maximum 20-year term for conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute synthetic marijuana, a sentence decried by many legal experts as wildly disproportionate.



Nahmani, an Israeli-American, was the first person ever convicted in South Florida of a synthetic marijuana case. His attorneys, and an expert chemist they hired, have argued that the prosecution’s case was based on a false assessment of the volume of the drug Nahmani had imported, and that in any event, the 240-month, maximum sentence was extreme.

Nahmani, 41 years old at the time of his sentence, has five children, the oldest of which is now 13, and a wife, Szylvia, suffering from Stage 4 cancer.

“I’m still trying to catch my breath because I’m so overwhelmed, I can’t believe what happened and I’m so grateful,” Mrs. Nahmani told Hamodia shortly after receiving word of the commutation. “I don’t even have words in the dictionary to describe in how grateful I am, how blessed I feel and how I overwhelmed I am with the joy in my heart.”  Read more at Hamodia

3 comments:

  1. I wonder how many people died from that K2 he was pushing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how you became such a horrible person.

      Delete
  2. Funny that people with the same name should be so nasty to each other.

    ReplyDelete