Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Kidney recipient meets his life-saving ‘angel

Meir Atkin, right, a Lakewood resident meets the man he donated a kidney to for the first time. During the meeting Efraim Khaimov, originally from Uzbekistan, presented him with a traditional ornate coat worn on momentous occasions. photo by Debra Rubin -njjewishnews
Meir Atkin has only one regret about donating a kidney to a stranger — that he doesn’t have an extra one to give to someone else. “I wish people knew how easy it is,” said the 31-year-old father of three. “I tell my wife all the time I wish Hashem had given me three kidneys so I could do it again.” Atkin, a Lakewood resident, grew up in Highland Park and Edison and is a doctoral student in psychology at Rutgers University.
He spoke by phone with NJ Jewish News and at a Jan. 31 program at Congregation Ohr Torah in Edison, where he met for the first time the man whose life he saved. That man, Efraim Khaimov, is an immigrant from Uzbekistan now living in Queens.
 read more http://njjewishnews.com/article/26152/kidney-recipient-meets-his-life-saving-angel#.VNuI_PnF_gs

No comments:

Post a Comment