Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Schools sending Acceptance Letters if you didn't get one, CALL

Schools are already sending out acceptance letters for those who applied and registered their child in primary for next year. This years some schools who would usually wait to send letters have done so early on. At the same time there are parents who applied and did not even receive a phone call for an interview or don't even know if the school has their application. CALL THE SCHOOL. Don't be embarrassed, its ok to be a Nudge. If you don't follow up they assume you are not really interested. Call and ask if they received your application, follow up again and ask if they processed your application and inquire if they are setting up an interview.  Be engaged, keep on calling.

5 comments:

  1. How many are not in school? Can't wait to hear that EVERYONE got accepted. (Then we will find out how many choose to stay home.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't understand your comment. If a child got accepted now it's because the parents applied to the school. The issue is when people don't get in and the vaad places them in a school they don't feel is a fit for their child and therefore don't send. After all acceptances are given out now, we will see how many kids weren't accepted at all and are waiting for placement (hopefully a happy ending).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is so true so many people think they will just wait till the school reaches out to them but this is far from the case the schools EXPECT you to run after them if interested..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just sending in an application is not enough. I made that mistake. Only after the acceptances went out and I didn't get in to my first choice, I asked someone to call for me. The school replied that they were surprised that I wanted to get in when they didn't even know my name!

    I can't understand why the schools do it this way. If I had a school, I would not want to encourage people to hound me. Apparently I think differently than actual school owners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I called and they told me that they didn't receive my application.
    I will send it again with proof of delivery.

    ReplyDelete